Friday, July 18, 2008

But Sir there are no Customers

How many times you have heard this as an excuse for low sales from the front end selling staff and the managers managing the TEAM. I am sure you would have heard this a lot of time. A typical Sales Executive usually waits for customers to come to them. A typical manager gives targets to the teams and prays that the TEAM achieves them.

I am sure you know what happens to such TEAMS. They like to ride the good tide and cry when things are not going their way. They will give lots of excuses for non-achievement.

I feel that there is a serious lack of training by companies which results in companies having mediocore front end sales people and managers. Companies can start by spelling out what the Job-Responsibilities of the people they are reruiting. This should include Prospecting, Customer and Personal responsibilities. I will discuss these responsibilties in detail in my next post. Till then please give a thought to what excuses your TEAMS gives, when they fail to achieve their TARGETS. If you have any funny anecdotes, please do share.

I will end with this quote I read some time back "Leadership begins by taking responsibility for self". What a wonderful quote.

Thats all from me for now.

No comments: